Everyone deserves a smooth, natural, and glowing complexion. From the foods you eat to your daily exercise and sleeping habits, everything you do plays a role in how you look and feel. Topical treatments can be an effective way to improve your appearance and help your skin to shine. Vitamin C is a great addition to any skincare routine, and this powerful ingredient is available as an oil, cream, or serum.
Vitamin C helps to hydrate and brighten your skin, and it also assists in reducing redness and evening out skin tone. This amazing ingredient has an excellent safety profile, which makes it one of the best anti-aging tools on the market.
Let's take a closer look at vitamin C, including its many benefits and how to apply vitamin c serum to ensure maximum effectiveness.
What is vitamin C?
Vitamin C is an essential water-soluble nutrient found in various foods such as oranges and Kakadu plum (our favourite) and also in supplements. Also known as ascorbic acid or ascorbate, this fantastic vitamin fulfils a range of critical functions. It helps repair tissues throughout the body, aids in the production of neurotransmitters, and functions as an antioxidant to keep the body in perfect running order. Discovered in 1912 and chemically produced in 1933, vitamin C is a popular and effective ingredient in many skincare products.
Benefits of vitamin C
Vitamin C is naturally present in the body and essential to a range of biological functions. It may help to reduce the onset and severity of the common cold, and it helps with wound healing and collagen synthesis. Many of these functions are related to skin health, with vitamin C and its natural derivatives helping with skin hydration, pigmentation, and inflammation.
The following benefits are key:
- Skin antioxidant - UV rays and air pollution are two common causes of premature ageing. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that helps to protect your skin from environmental toxins and sun damage.
- Hydration - Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate is one of the main derivatives of vitamin C. This substance decreases transepidermal water loss, which allows your skin to retain moisture for an overall hydrating effect.
- Improves tone and texture - Vitamin C helps to reduce dullness and smooth the surface of the skin. When combined with a healthy diet and exercise regime, it can help to give your skin a youthful, natural glow.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation - Vitamin C helps to impede melanin production, including diminishing the appearance of dark spots and under-eye circles. It can also help with sun spots, acne spots, and age spots.
- Anti-inflammatory - Skin blemishes, redness, and uneven tones are often due to inflammation. Vitamin C helps to treat a wide range of inflammatory skin conditions, which makes it a great tool in any skincare routine.
How to apply a vitamin C serum for face
Vitamin C is safe, effective, and easy to integrate with your existing skincare routine. While healthy levels of vitamin C should be included in your daily diet, additional topical application is the best way to maximise skin benefits. The skin is capable of absorbing vitamin C content directly, especially when it's combined with other beneficial ingredients. Vitamin C serum can be very effective when used in isolation, and it works particularly well in combination with hyaluronic acid.
Vitamin C is available as a natural oil and is included in many cosmetic serums and creams. Here is how to apply a vitamin C serum as part of your daily skincare routine:
- Wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser.
- Dry your skin and use a skin toner.
- Apply a few drops of vitamin C serum onto your palm or directly onto your face.
- Gently smooth the serum all over your face.
- After 5-10 minutes, follow up with a moisturiser.
- Apply your favourite eye cream and sunscreen for extra protection.
- Apply your regular makeup to help you glow from the inside out.
If you're looking for an effective vitamin C serum made from vegan, 100% natural quality ingredients, look no further. Our vitamin C serum is one of our best sellers and highest rated products, but don't take our word for it, purchase some for yourself and enjoy the fantastic benefits.